The _Create new application_ menu option lists all the grant types for which you can currently apply. These are also displayed in the right column of your [#22,dashboard] page.
The application forms are self explanatory, but the following resources are useful:* [#26,Application process] outlines the steps between submitting your application and being advised of the outcome.
* [#27,Guides for application types] should be read *before* completing your application form.
1. The top menu provides direct access to other parts of the Cancer Research Trust NZ portal.1. The page header shows the application's current status and associated information that depends on that status - such as the date by which submission is required, or the size of the grant the application has been awarded. This section of the application form also has the _History_ button, which displays the steps through which the application has so far passed.
1. When you first create an application, you're asked to check that the personal details for your Cancer Research Trust NZ portal account are correct. Incorrect details may impact the processing of your application.1. The _Guidelines_ section contains a _general help_ link to this page, and a link to _specific guidelines_ which depend on the application type.
1. Find and highlight the list, which will be presented as a solid block of text.1. Click the _ordered_ or _unordered_ list button on the button bar.
1. Work through the list stopping at each existing number or bullet; remove the existing number/bullet and press the *Enter* key to create a new list item at that point.
* The *PDF* button generates a PDF which contains the application form plus any attached documents.* The *Delete* button allows you to delete any application you have not submitted.
* The *Save* button saves any changes you've made to your application so you can return later to edit or submit it.* The *Submit* button verifies that you've provided all the necessary information, then delivers your application to the institution with which you're associated, so it can be given administrative approval before being sent to the Cancer Research Trust NZ. You will receive an email notification when the application is sent on to Cancer Research Trust NZ.
* The *Cancel* button closes the application without saving any changes you may have made.